Who will benefit from this organization?
Children and adults with special needs that live in NORTHEAST OHIO.
When is this funding available?
A parent or legal guardian may apply for funding assistance for a child or adult ONCE during per calendar year.
What is considered special needs?
Special needs is used to describe a life-long disability attributed to developmental and/or intellectual impairments. An individual who has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Service Plan (ISP) is included. These disabilities affect daily functioning in the following areas: capacity for independent living, economic self-sufficiency, learning, mobility, social skills, receptive and expressive language, self-care, and self-direction.
Financial support may be designated for camps, various therapies, medical expenses, respite, assistive or adaptive equipment, and/or communicative devices that are necessary to meet daily challenges.
As of Foundation Bylaws effective October of 2011, Zane’s will award funds on a quarterly basis starting in the year 2012. The quarters will be as follows: April 30; July 30; October 30; January 30; and so forth. A Board appointed “Family Support Fund” Committee will consist of Zane’s Board member, parent(s) of children who have special needs, business owners and/or educators will assist with processing our applications. The Applicant Family will be notified by letter of any decisions made regarding their Application. Applications will continue to be accepted at any time. (The deadline for summer camp applications is April 1 of each calendar year. An established file must be established by this date to be considered for funding.)
Here is what you need to do:
- Fill out the on-line Application. All of your information will be kept confidential. Once you push the “submit” button, your completed Application will automatically be forwarded to us. You only need to fill out the Application one time. Within 24 to 48 hours you will receive an email confirmation.
- Please send the following documents to us: a copy of every adults most recent pay stub who contributes to this household income; an entire copy of the child’s Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or the equivalent; and a copy of your most current Form 1040 Tax returns & schedules.
- If you are applying for services (such as therapy), a “letter of service” must come from the service provider outlining the service that you will receive, the cost per session and the length of treatment. This letter must come on letterhead and have an original signature on it. We cannot accept a copy. For equipment, you must give us a copy of where this item may be purchased.
- The guidelines for respite or summer camp aides are case by case and your provider must be approved by the Zane’s Board of Directors. Your providers must have up-to-date CPR classes, first aid, and finger-printing.
- Please understand that Zane’s will not pay for past due bills, invoices or services. We will only pay for services going forward. Checks will not be given to you. Checks will only be given to the provider’s of services or businesses.
- These are the initial documents that we need. We will ask for more documents as time continues. None of these documents will be returned to you. Every family must attend a face to face interview with a Board Member. This is usually one of the last steps of funding.
- Mail all of your materials by regular mail to:
P.O. Box 1642
Stow, Ohio 44224
- You will receive a confirmation via email whenever we receive documents from you. Documents must be sent to us by regular mail. The postmark is important for our deadlines. We do not accept FAXED or emailed documents.. You will also receive follow-up emails or telephone calls concerning your Application. We will keep in touch with you; “walking” you through the process.
- Any time you have a question that is not addressed either in an email or here, please feel free to contact our office at 330-677-9263 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.